...And we just met at the wrong time.
It was winter and 4°.
Not 3°, not the time to say
I love you,
Not the time to sit around
On benches throwing leaves
At each other for fun
And getting drunk on
A little bit of sun.
And we just met at the wrong time.
It was new year's eve.
Not Valentine's, not the time to say
I love you,
Not the time to sit around
On big rocks on top of
Big rocks and gazing at stars
And rescuing idiots who
Fall down slippery stairs.
And we just met at the wrong time.
It was time for a rebound.
Not a serious relationship, not the time to say
I love you,
Not the time to wander around
Half drunk and pushing the other
Wondering if a wrong word will
Destroy hearts or fix it
Maybe, just maybe.
We might have met at the wrong time.
But you were ready and so was I.
Maybe right now the distance hurts
More than we let it show,
Maybe nights on a strange bed with dreams
Can't alleviate this sorrow,
Maybe saying sweet nothings mean more
Than just empty tea cups in the sink
Smelling of rum and whiskey.
We met at a wrong right time.
Because we really needed each other,
But maybe not just right now.
This distance we are put in now,
The decisions which await,
It's all so confusing,
But we're ready and it's now
That we can say those words,
At any temperature,
At any place,
On any day,
At any time,
I love you,
Because when love's real...
It finds a way back to itself.
Wrong time or not.